Brief Profile of Dr. (Mrs.) Amita Dev
Dr. Amita Dev, Vice-Chancellor of Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women, Govt of Delhi is a true leader, excellent administrator and passionate researcher. She is doing extensive research in the field of Deep Neural Networks, Speech Processing, Speech Modeling, Speech Recognition, Speech Synthesis etc. Having vast experience of more than three decades , she has unparalleled track record of Administration, quality Teaching, Innovation and Research. She has published more than 123 research papers in the Renowned International and National Journals and Conference Proceedings. She is an avid speaker and a great motivator and has been invited at various National and International forums.
In recognition to her valuable and worthy research contributions, she has been conferred with many awards viz.
-    "National Level AICTE Young Teacher Career Award" with Research Grant for pursuing Advanced Research in the area of “Hindi Speech Recognition Using Connectionist Model".
-    "State Level Best Teacher Award" awarded by Govt. of Delhi.
-    "National Level Best Engineering Teacher Award" by ISTE for significant contribution in the field of Research and Technology.
-    "International ECONS Education Excellence Award" for Academic Excellence.
-    "Vittiya Saksharta Abhiyan Award" by the Hon’ble Minister for HRD, GoI for spreading Digital Literacy.
-    Numerous Appreciation letters from State/Center for her Exemplary Performance and for her Outstanding Contribution in the field of Technical Education.
Dr Amita Dev introduced a series of innovative practices and reforms as the Vice Chancellor of the university. Under her able leadership and guidance, IGDTUW has achieved several milestones in a short span.
-    The University has been ranked in the Band 101-200 for Quality Education and Gender Equality by prestigious World Times Higher Education Impact Ranking 2021.
-    The IGDTUW has been conferred "UNIVERSITY OF THE YEAR AWARD" in 7th FICCI Higher Education Excellence Award 2021.
-    E-learning Excellence Award for Academic Digitization by QS I-Gauge.
-    The University secured 2nd rank in the category of Higher Educational Institutions Exclusively for Women and in Band ‘A’ overall in the award ceremony of Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) Rankings 2020.
-    Because of her sincere efforts and persuasion towards excellence, University has been ranked 21st in Entrepreneurial Spirit and 77th under Global Top 100 Innovative Universities by World University Ranking Impact (WURI).
-    University has been bestowed with Diamond Rating from QS I-Gauge.
-    Recently, University has been conferred Shrimati Sushma Swaraj "STREE SHAKTI SAMMAN" due to her vision and commitment.