The university has on campus computing facility (computer lab) housed
in centralized air conditioned premises, named as "Computer Center" which is functional 24x7 for students.
Computer Center at the university is equipped with the newly procured Computer Systems with
a high end configuration. Each computer (HP 8000 SFF series) runs Intel Core i5-650 3.2 GHz processor
aptly supported with a 4GB RAM and hard disk space of 320 GB. The hardware is configured to operate
in a dual boot mode providing support for the two broad classes of operating systems namely Windows 7
Professional Edition and Linux based Ubuntu-10.04, which is open source operating system with a Long
Computer Center has been a hub of computing at the university. Major events hosted at Computer Center are:-
- A 3-week 2nd Summer Workshop on “Programming Tools
and Techniques for Project Development in Linux Environment” was conducted for the
IGDTUW students during their summer break in June-July 2012 by faculty members of
Department of Information Technology under the aegis of IGDTUW ACM Student Chapter.
- A three week (20th June - 7th July, 2011)
summer training cum workshop titled “Project Development using Advanced C Programming”
on Linux environment was organized in which around 40 first year students of B.Tech.(IT)
and B.Tech.(CSE) from IGDTUW participated.
Practical Course Work: Provides services for the conduct of practical course work for various
subjects offered to B.Tech. (IT/CSE) and MCA Programmes.
Computer Center runs a web-server based application that automates the programming
problem submission process. Salient features of the application are:-
- Application provides facility for creation of programming assignment by teachers and upload of programming assignments by students through individual login IDs for each student.
- Programs are compiled at server backend, supports C and C++.
- Application is deployed and operational, and can be accessed at http://172.16.220.100/submission/ from anywhere in the campus LAN during day time.
- Application is currently in use by B.Tech. (IT) and MCA students to submit programs as part of their practical coursework assignments.